RE: primer...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: primer...
From: Ernest Gilbert <barrister@lawref.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 96 14:19:33 -0700
On Fri, 21 Jun 1996, Ross MacPherson wrote:

> While work progresses on my GT I began to wonder what harm it could do to
> prime the bare parts with regular aerosol primer.  That will provide some
> protection till it's ready to hit the spray booth.  Any comments?
> Is there any good reason why I shouldn't do this?

Another thing to remember is that no primer or plastic filler is also a sealer
and even the good ones can be penetrated by moisture. If the time to the spray
booth is significant the primed areas may already develop rust underneath
before painting. I use cheap paint spray cans over the primer to protect during
this period but it must then be sanded off.

Ernest