Undrivable Cars?

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Undrivable Cars?
From: Robert J Donahue/DELCO <RJDONAHU@mail.delcoelect.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 13:52:14 +0000
I heard a story about some car dealership that was flooded and the
insurance company considered the cars totalled. The insurance
company paid off, and then turned around and sold the cars for
500 dollars a piece. The story goes that these new cars could not be
legally registered/driven in any state. Is there such a legal limbo
that a car can get into? Does the insurance industry maintain a
list of cars it has "totaled out", and refuse to ever insure them again?
Can the manufacturer cancel the VIN numbers and thus make them
illegal?

Sorry for the lack of LBC here but I know some of us have
resurrected LBCs from the grave and had legal problems
getting them back on the road.

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
53 MG-TD, under DIY restoration
71 MGB, still in the shop