Re: Fiat Bashing/accident prone

To: Ragthyme@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fiat Bashing/accident prone
From: Bill D <billd@voicenet.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 23:00:45 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 14 Aug 1996 Ragthyme@aol.com wrote:

> There's been here a rash of young hooligans who steal
> cars with air bags and then drive them into walls .... just to get the airbag
> to inflate, thinking they are otherwise safe from a head-on collision with
> brick and masonry.

This is an urban legend, and has been fairly thoroughly debunked on
alt.folklore.urban.

OTOH, the Hats over at AFU *did* find the original cite that led to the
JATO/Darwin award story.

Bill "I know about this XK150 for sale for $500, that they can't get rid
of, because the owner's son committed suicide in the car..." D

1971 MGB (daily driver)

--
billd@doa.net billd@voicenet.com  (Bill D)
"Yesterday, apropos of nothing, one friend said to me 'Do you ever have