Re: Fiat Bashing/accident prone

Subject: Re: Fiat Bashing/accident prone
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 18:46:41 -0700
OUCH! Southerners are taking quite a beating here.  First you call us

"Yanks", which after some explanation Bubba's gonna figger out that

that's short for Yankee.  The next thing you'll see is about a

quarter-ounce of Redman heading for your eye that will hide the sixteen

ounce fist following close behind.  Redman is "chaw" or chewing tobacco
for you furriners and Yankees (one and the same, to Texans) in the
audience.
Then y'all  'cuse us of drivin' badly! Or least ways worsin' those
chowder heads up north of the Mason-Dixon line.  Well, I'm here to tell
y'all that I've LIVED up north

and theys no better 'un us when it comes to takin' the ol' red pickemup

truck and cuttin' off one of them Yuppie types in his BMW.

Seriously, I just moved back to Texas from Chicago and believe me,

people drive poorly all over.  I think some of it has to do with the

poor training received by new drivers.  Having lived in England in my

(misspent) youth, I know that there you actually have to learn how to

DRIVE to get a license.  Here you only have to learn how to AIM and,
combined with automatic transmissions and brain-deadening superhighways,
no one really participates in driving the car.  Also, common to both
Chicago and Houston, I've found that a LOT

of the bad drivers on the roads are immigrants from third world

countries.  Not to join in any immigrant bashing or racism, but it is

true that they are often driving autos in poor physical condition, due

to their economic status, and with little concern for those around them,

possibly due to driving habits (or lack thereof) they brought with them
from their home

countries.

BTW, in twenty years of driving in this country, I have never had an

accident.  Knock, Knock! (me knocking on fake wood veneer of my computer

table).

LBC Content:  I ain't never had no accidents with my MGA, neither!

David Littlefield

Houston, TX