Re: Abingdon

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Abingdon
From: Andrew Murdock <Andrew.Murdock@cdc.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 1996 13:26:18 +0100
At 09:45 PM 9/2/96 -0400, you wrote:

>   At the end of September I'm going to be in London for about a week.  Does
>anyone have any knowledge about what remains of the old factory at Abingdon?
> Is it an empty building (or vacant lot where it once stood) or is there a
>museum or something, and would it be worth a day trip from London?  It
>doesn't seem to be too far from London and is probably easily accessible by
>train. Perhaps the answer to the MOWOG debate lies somewhere out there.......

I know your time is going to be limited here, but if you can spare the time
it would be worth you jumping on a train to get out to the Brooklands museum
here in Weybridge, there is still a section of the track, and the museum
houses some quite fascinating cars.

(Directions, take the train from Waterloo to Weybridge, then get a taxi - ,
5mins taxi ride).

Andrew

ps. Maybe for another visit, try the Heritage Motor Museum in Gaydon,
Oxfordshire, very good representation from MG's, including a couple of the
Land Speed record cars, some wonderful Bentley and Rolls Tourers, plus some
prototypes, of course the Monte Carlo Rally winning Minis and if you are
into that sort of thing (I am :-)), one of Mr. Beans Minis, complete with
bolt and huge padlock on the drivers door :-)