Re: Crank Shaft Reformed, fresh engine still sick?

To: pujalte@stic.net
Subject: Re: Crank Shaft Reformed, fresh engine still sick?
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 16:07:54 -0400
In a message dated 96-10-13 22:29:33 EDT, pujalte@stic.net (Vince J. Pujalte)
writes:

<< Could your oil pressure relief valve be sticking open @ 6K? This might be
secondary to non-linear resistance of the spring or a burr in the valve. >>

I recently shimmed the relief valve spring to up the pressure from 50 to 62
psi.  The spring looks OK and the valve still has (or had) a clean nose.  A
burr in the valve I could believe.  The relief valve is currently my number
one suspect.  I will have another look at it but am not holding my breath on
this count.  I cannot imagine any way that the relief valve could fail in
such a manner as to cause the pressure to fall to zero at high speed and then
casually recover.  Any ideas out there?

Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA