Re: Transmission problems, Rib Case... HELP!

To: AVANWIG@aol.com, jpquinn@cyberramp.net, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Transmission problems, Rib Case... HELP!
From: WAHILL@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 15:00:28 -0400
If you are not an "expert" I would advise not trying to rebuild the ribcase
tranny.  The biggest problem is mismatching parts.  In other words, part
numbers of several of the gears and layshafts changed during production and
are not compatible.  These mismatched parts sometimes seem as though they fit
OK, but in the long run you could be in for trouble.  If you do rebuild it,
make sure the part numbers match.  This is just my opinion based on
experience.
Art Hill
Escondido, CA