Re: MG life in Alaska

To: bleckstein@monmouth.com
Subject: Re: MG life in Alaska
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 01:10:45 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-15 23:31:19 EST, bleckstein@monmouth.com writes:

<< Barney, unless you are excluding pre 56 Mgs this is way too much. On the
OOTTT, which used interstates as well as other highways, 300 was plenty, 400
was tough and the one day from Alamosa Colorado to Grand Canyon, (about 550)
was a killer.  I imagine some of the roads to Alaska would make 250 correct
at times. >>

OK, UNCLE !!

When the object is to get somewhere way down the road, I have the tendency to
drive long hours each day, and I know I'm probably way out on the end of the
spectrum when it comes to miles per day.

I've been  hearing stories ranging from "The roads are mostly paved and in
pretty good condition" to "horrible and nearly impassable".  For this one I
haven't been there, haven't done that.  I have a brother who did it 20 years
ago with a Jeep Wagoneer, a pop-top camper trailer and his family.  I will be
talking to him about it, even though I realize his car is not representative
of a bunch of MGs.

Now before I venture another guess in public, who has a contact to the
NEMGTR?  That looks like the best bet for first hand experience.

Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA