Re: MG life in Alaska

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG life in Alaska
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 23:46:22 -0800
At 09:24 AM 11/15/96, you wrote:

>Well, I think that's a recap of things to date. So folks where do we
>go from here?

Hiya Dick, et al.

I believe I expressed reserved interest in the trek.  I'm just not sure the
TC is up to Alaska in June and Utah in July.  When we met at the GOF Dick, I
was part of the T series convoy from Vancouver.  Actaully, two parts as we
had a driver and a kid in each of two vehicles.  SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED
trailed the convoy in our truck and tent trailer and was affectionately
dubbed "Mother Trucker" by the group. Said truck became the repository for
all spares, tow bars, excess baggage and a couple extra passengers and,
since it toward over every other vehicle in the group, our rallying beacon.

If I DO wimp out on the TC going north I may still be interested in tagging
along as a support vehicle for the rough bits, work and family schedules
notwithstanding.   Ergo, put me down as a very definite maybe.  Even if you
decide that a non-LBC is not welcome in the group I might just tag along
anyway.  I'll blend right in to the local scenery in a 4x4 pickup and you'll
never even know I'm there. Six or seven MG's on the other hand, will be
pretty hard to miss on the Alaska Hwy!

North! to Alaska!
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT