Re: Condensation

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Condensation
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 07:50:49 -0600
joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com wrote:

> Today while I was driving (cold and rainy, not ideal LBC weather) the
>windscreen
> refused to clear.  The heater was trying its best, but could only demist the
> area directly above the vents.  Even a towel was of limited use.  Is there a
> product that could keep the windows from fogging up?  Also, I saw something at
> the auto supply store that's supposed to help your windscreen shed water.

Rain-X (there are others) works well, in my experience.  If you start
using it, you need to continue applying it for it to stay effective.
When it becomes ineffective, it will also start smearing under the
wipers.  Keeping applying fresh coats as needed, or you will need to try
to remove it completely.  The same company also makes a product called
Fog-X to keep the inside of the windscreen from fogging up.  Haven't
tried that yet.

--
Wayne Kube      wkube@iadfw.net
'79B