Re: Condensation

To: BDurgin1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Condensation
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 14:08:58 -0600
BDurgin1@aol.com wrote:

> << When it becomes ineffective, it will also start smearing under the
>  wipers.  Keeping applying fresh coats as needed, or you will need to try
>  to remove it completely.  The same company also makes a product called
>  Fog-X to keep the inside of the windscreen from fogging up.  Haven't
>  tried that yet.
>
> Wayne,
>
> In your experience ,how long does this RainX last?  And how do you clean it
> off when the time comes??
>
> Bruce Drugin
> 64 B

Bruce -
        Depending upon exposure to sunlight and the weather, I renew it about
once a month.  Never tried cleaning it off.  It's a silicon substance
with an alcohol carrier in the bottle.  When applied, the alcohol
evaporates and leaves the silicon.  Don't know if alcohol would remove
it or not.  I don't think there is any harm leaving it on - it doesn't
seem to build up.  When you reapply it, it seems to do a good job of
cleaning the windshield at the same time.  It may prevent itself from
building up too thick.

--
Wayne Kube      wkube@iadfw.net
'79B