Re: Measure of enthusiasism?

To: drded@ix.netcom.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Measure of enthusiasism?
From: OSCALETA99@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 22:38:43 -0500
As a recent "entrant" to this forum, one of the things i have noticed is that
there ARE, as DD observes ,a few very serious and  dedicated enthusiasts
discussing the topics of the day. There are also folk making light of matters
and others going off at all kinds of tangents.....There is one common thread
however, - a degree of interest in the finest marque to come out of human
endeavour and engineering (with the odd bug or two!).personally I find this
dichotomy of styles one of the most appealing factors in reading the list
daily - one is "chatting" with the same cross section of personalities one
would at say - a cocktail party, - Not everybody can be expected to have
total dedication to what is after all a hobby (though "passion" is more the
word that springs to MY mind.) we all have other priorities to fit in to each
24 hours and only so many bucks to play with - for example, as i write this
on a Friday night, it is 10.25pm, i was at work from 7 am until 7.30pm, took
my daughter to a party, had a coffee, sat down here - tomorrow there is
basketball for 2 of 3 kids, food shopping, shirts to drop off, eyeglasses to
buy AND three MGs to winterize AFTER some detailing and cleanup!!!
It'll all get done, maybe not tomorrow but by the first snow! - last january
I stared a project car which cost $1250 - I'd seriously consider entering it
in competition now - it got done through basketball, soccer, shopping et al -
and Im grateful for the time i got to spend doing it even though a lot of it
was at 2am!- I'd have liked more but it wasnt there - fine. . . . my point is
- we all do what we can toward what we want to achieve and in the end there
will be MGs for our kids to marvel at - its not a "quest for the holy grail"
but if we find it - so much the better..... from what ive seen from DD I can
respect his knowledge and dedication - we ALL need him however David -
LIGHTEN UP!

regards

mike robson
69 roadster ($1300 in oct and this years "job")
72 roadster (11 months revitalized and my pride and joy)
73 BGT (all there but in need. . .)
(and in the past -69,71,74 BGTs all of which I loved and left!)

p.s. - I read this stuff in the dead of night.......!!!