Re: Ignition warning light won't go off!

Subject: Re: Ignition warning light won't go off!
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 08:20:18 -0500 (EST)
I had exactly the same symptoms, but it turned out to be a bad diode pack.
The solder joint on at least one of the diodes had broken...

Anyway, it was a progressive deterioration, where I could only see the
light at night at first since it was so dim.

Check the connector on the back of the alternator for corrosion and
looseness, but I'd bet it was a broken connection inside the alternator
itself.

John M. Trindle     | TSCC-Net Host      | jtrindle@tsquare.com
T-Square Company    | ISS/FSPlan for FS5 | support@flightdeck.tsquare.com
Flight Deck IFT-PRO | http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark."