Re: Battery Brands

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Battery Brands
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 08:55:22 -0800 (PST) (8:55 am 16:55 UT)
...all I know is, I'm on my third Pep Boys, and none of them have
completed the warrantee period.  This latest 60-month battery died
after 24 months.  On the upside, they are always very good about
pro-rating the months remaining on the new battery.  This explains why
I've bought three.  Perhaps this is a marketing ploy to lock you into
their brand?  They real downside is: failure is abrupt and without
warning.  I tried to start the car, and suddenly there was no power.
Apparently, they short out internally.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*