Re: Battery Brands

To: TATERRY@aol.com, BDurgin1@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery Brands
From: Larryhoy@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 10:32:01 -0500
In a message dated 96-12-27 09:19:43 EST, TATERRY@aol.com writes:

> The Optimas do not loose their charge while sitting around not used, don't
>  sulfate up, and have lots of starting amps....in my book well worth the
> extra
>  $$$.  They can be had lots cheaper than the Moss price.  Usually around
$125.

>  Terry

My daughter has an Opitma in her Honda.  It almost seems to crank better the
colder it gets (Denver)!

The shop that works on my Jaguar puts them in the cars they restore, they
never leak acid.  The way they are designed (a layer of acid impregnated
fibreglass and a layer of lead rolled up like a jelly roll, each roll is 2
volts) you could mount them upside down and it wouldn't make any difference.
 I'm told many aerobatic aeroplanes use them because of this feature.

Larry
1969 MGB