Re: Battery Brands

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: Battery Brands
From: Rick Hoefle <NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 16:43:07 -0500
TATERRY@aol.com wrote:
> It amazes me that Moss will
> mark up the standard stuff so much that we can buy locally and then I at
> least, think that gee are they marking up the rare bits this much as well???
>   It would seem prudent of them to compete on price given their buying power
> on stuff like the Optima and battery acid mats etc.  and then we all would be
> warm and fuzzy buying their other stuff!!  Just my thought for the
> day...........Cheers,
> Terry

My thoughts on your thought...
My guess would be that they (Moss) do not actually carry these things
but obtain them, on demand, for the silly people who do not bother to
shop around a bit for the easy-to-get things. That is, things like
batteries are a pain to deal with (warehousing, shipping, etc.) so I
suspect that they simply are pricing the items in such a way that they
are able to say that they have them yet they will seldom (if ever)
actually have to supply them.
Happy New Year, from a pragmatist.
--

Rick Hoefle 1964 Tiger B9470508 - HIS