Re: MGB GT 1967 /demand ?

To: SPB3430@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB GT 1967 /demand ?
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 1997 12:00:12 +0000
Steve,
In 1967, there was a promotion adapted by BMC to stimulate sales and
they had an advertising campaign that offered only GT's as "Special
Editions". In fact, 1000 cars were limited to this category but no one
knows the exact number the dealers sold that way. They did fall
between certain car numbers, I'm told. I say dealers because they
outfitted certain of the MG"s with "all the extra's MGB/GT's come with
plus the following special anniversary package":
-Amco wood gear shift knob( MG crested)
-Racing mirror on driver's front fender, mounted over middle of wheel
arch, vibrationless, short base mounting.
-Badges stuck to the ends(1" in) of the front fenders below the chrome
trim that said "MGB/GT SPECIAL" with a full color octagon-shaped
British flag preceding the words (Moss makes a present day copy but
the type is not quite right).
_"Personal" wood rimmed steering wheel, numbered, made in Italy. Three
hole design in spokes with a lighter band of wood around the
circumference.

Some people have chrome wires with their's since they were an option.
That's how mine is and it's still a work in progress. There is an
MGB/GT Special chapter in NAMGBR for further info.Hope this helped.

Dave Houser