RE: Help needed...

To: ps@ecst.csuchico.edu (Paul M. Schwerdt)
Subject: RE: Help needed...
From: nick.pitt@bbc.co.uk (Nick Pitt)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 13:01:01 GMT
Paul
     The easiest way to turn the engine over it is,
1)   Remove (or at least loosen) the spark plugs.
2)   Put the car in gear, lower gears make it easier.
3)   Jack one rear wheel just clear of the ground.
4)   Now you can turn the engine over by turning this wheel (turning it as
if the car is going forward will show you the direction of rotation of the
engine).
     The disadvantage of this method is that you might need a helper to tell
you when the timing light goes on and off. The timing marks are a notch on
the outside edge of the lower pulley on the front of the engine, and the set
of teeth that stick out from the front engine plate just next to this
pulley.
     Good luck.

          Nick (73 B Roadster)

     ps. If this doesn't work then kick it!