Re: air compressor lines

To: steuny@nornet.on.ca, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: air compressor lines
From: Circaflam@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 09:31:48 -0500 (EST)
A couple of years ago I plumbed my whole shop with air lines and was faced
with the same decision. I visited several other shops in the neighbourhood to
seek out some advise. The bodyshop that painted my 68 Rdstr had just moved to
a larger building and were in the process of plumbing air lines. The owner
was using 1/2 inch schedule 40 white pvc tubing to run the shop air. He
pointed out how easy it was to work with and how quickly he was able to
finish the job. On his recommendation I set about the task of plumbing my
shop with this pvc pipe.

Advantages-
inexpensive
easy to use
no special tools required
easy to change and adapt

Disadvantages-
not as rigid as steel(this can also be an advantage)

What I like the most about this pvc pipe is that I was able to cut in
sections and "T" off a line without having to disassemble large sections. The
pipe I purchased was rated at 600 psi burst pressure and therefore could
easily handle the 165 psi that I was running.

Caution- Include several bleed off points in your system as moisture will
collect and frezze bursting both pvc and steel pipes.

Best of luck.

Nick Flamini
68 MGC Rdstr
69 MGC Rdstr