RE: Burned Big Time

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Burned Big Time
From: Alan Pfau <apfau@ismi.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 19:06:07 -0600

----------
From:   Bill Schleusner[SMTP:b-schleusner@ti.com]
Sent:   Thursday, February 27, 1997 2:44 PM
To:     mgs@autox.team.net
Subject:        Burned Big Time

Fellow SOLers,

I have now calmed down enough to write about a recent experience.  I have
been
trying to find an acceptable example of a 70-74 GT to purchase for about
six

<snip>

This reminds me of a story my father used to relate to me from many years
ago (early 1950's). It seems he located an old brass Ford Model T
"speedster" located several stated away. He talked to the gentlmen over the
phone a few times; he received pictures of the car and decidd he would go
out with the intent to buy. When he got there the elderly gentlemen took
him out behind his barn. There sat the car, a pile of rust which obviously
had sat outside for many years. My dad said he really beleived the
gentlemen had an emotional attachment to the car and just didn't see how
deteriorated it had become. He quickly realized the pictures the guy sent
him were *old* pictures, probably the only ones he had.
        He said he couldn't quite bring himself to be mad but merely said no
thanks and headed home. (He always laughed that just before he left he gave
the wheel a kick and a rabbit ran out from underneath!)

I guess we all have to go on a "wild goose-chase" every now and then,
actually they can be some of the best times; but only in retrospect.

Alan Pfau
apfau@ismi.net
TC, TD, TF, B-GT-V8