RE: Burned Big Time

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, b-schleusner@ti.com
Subject: RE: Burned Big Time
From: "Michael P. Ohleger" <mikeoh@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 19:46:02 -0500
Hey Bill,

Here we go again.  I have to agree with Nina on PO's and sentimental
journeys.  David Deutch and others have decried the practice of asking
too much for a "classic" that sometimes turns out to be a parts car.
Everyone on this list knows I've been questing for the *right* TD.  I
just drove to central Pennsylvania to find a car that not only didn't
(couldn't) run but was nothing like the pics (turns out these were 13
years old).  The guy was insulted when I told him his price of $15k was
out of line - actually ordered me off his property!  Don't feel
bad...I've learned by experience, and no litany of right questions is
going to elicit the right answers when the fellow is selling his baby.

Good luck to ya..I'm off this weekend to look at another overpriced
T-series...;-)

Michael Ohleger
'67 MGB
'70 MGB