Re: Burned Big Time

To: b-schleusner@ti.com
Subject: Re: Burned Big Time
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 06:57:52 EST
On Thu, 27 Feb 1997 14:44:01 -0600 Bill Schleusner <b-schleusner@ti.com>
writes:
>(snip)Fellow SOLers,
>
>I have now calmed down enough to write about a recent experience.  I
>have been
>trying to find an acceptable example of a 70-74 GT to purchase for
>about six
>months.  It seems that most of the GTs are located either in the
>Northeast,
>California, or Northern climes.
>My point (there really is one) is, why do people constantly rate their
>cars as
>"excellent" when in reality they barely qualify as "good". kicked myself
for going up to look at the car, but if you would have
>seen the
>pictures, the car did look beautiful (they were taken on a cloudy day
>which
>accounts for the defects not showing up).  The gentleman could have
>had the
>decency to say the car needed body work and a paint job knowing full
>well I was
>traveling half way across the U.S.
>If anyone has any recommendations about buying a car long distance I
>would be
>more than happy to hear from you.  Thanks for listening I feel much
>better now.

>>From Bill Schleusner
>Texas Instruments Incorporated
>b-schleusner@ti.com
>972-917-6920

Bill, - obviously not an experience to tell your grandchildren! (and a
great pity, malllard green is very rare!!)
As far as suggestions go, I'm sure if,when looking far afield, you ask
around on the list someone will be happy to look at them for you and give
an opinion prior to your taking "big silver bird" . Of course, opinions
are always subjective but as far as im concerned, Ill always look at a
car for someone and give an overview (without prejudice, without
guarantee, all going well, blah blah) and send a few polaroids - I know
theres plenty others around who are similarly willing all over the
country/world!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT