Re: Door fit.

To: boballen@sky.net
Subject: Re: Door fit.
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 13:01:22 -0500 (EST)

<< Now you gotta figure out if you believe it and, if so, do you push the
 top of the B-pillar in or out to even up with the door?

 I guess it'd be informative to know if it's a unibody car or one of them
 real old ones.

 Just conjecture here,

Bob

Your comment reminds me of an incident that occurred while I was employeed at
the local Caddy dealership.
  A customer came in with a complaint that the front passenger door leaked
water. Well, the mechanic made all the factory recommended adjustments, all
"by the book".  But for about a month, every time it rained, the customer was
back the next day with the same problem.
  Finally, the mechanic (a rather healthty young'un) sat on the threshold
plate, placed his knee against the edge of the door and PULLED the top of the
door inward.
  The Customer only returned once. To thank us for finally stopping the leak!

Rick