Door fit.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Door fit.
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 08:55:35 -0500
I have a problem that I am sure someone has a solution for.  My drivers
side door is suffering from an alignment problem.  When looking at the
door, all door gaps are even, front to rear, and top to bottom.  When
sighting down the length of the car (from the rear), the lower contour
of the door does not match the body contour.  The lower portion of the
rear edge of the door protrudes from the body about a 1/4".  Someone
suggested that this was due to misalignment of the dog leg section
behind the door that was replaced when the sill was done.  Both body and
door shapes seem correct. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?  A
really poor effort to illustrate the problem is below.  BTW, any
solution must be accomplished without damaging my paint!

                        Door    ||      Body
                        Side    |\      Side
                                | \
                                |  \