Re: Door fit.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Door fit.
From: thomas_pokrefke@juno.com (Thomas J Pokrefke)
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 13:28:04 EST
R. Johnson - Dallas writes:
<SNIP>
<Time to quit nursing that resistor. Replace it. It (or something else)
is
intermittent.>

And Corey writes:
<SNIP>
<Glad you brought this one up ... it was next on my list. ;)  I've run
this one down to a faulty connector on the coil; mine's a bodge put in
when I was having severe alternator problems two years ago.  Seems the
bodge has come home to roost (to horribly mix and mangle my metaphors).>

If I replace the resistor, can I go to Auto Zone and say I need a new
coil resistor?  Are they generic items?  Corey's reply got me thinking
about my my coil.  The DPO had installed a racing coil of questionable
pedigree.  Dad took one look at the shiny red case with chrome lettering
and immediately removed it:  there was a look of suspect on his face.
After digging around in a box of parts, he held a black coil up in his
hands.  "This", he said, "Is the coil off of my '48 Mercury."  I watched
in horror as he installed it, but what could I do?  Should I replace the
coil, too?  If so, will any coil do?  I would consider one of the Lucas
Sport Coils or Crane/Allison units, except I have become dubious of any
performance items for the 'B.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
thomas_pokrefke@juno.com