Re: A sad day in calif.

To: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Subject: Re: A sad day in calif.
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 17:27:07 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, PHILIPPE TUSLER wrote:

> Luckily I asked for a 'pre-test' that was not sent to Sacramento,
> otherwise I'd be 'gross polluter' toast.

The business of marking cars as gross polluters seems counter
productive.  You'd think they would encourage people to try to get the
cars to pass, however many tests it takes, since supposedly a clean
car is the aim of the program.  Instead it seems the point is just to make
people's lives difficult.  A pogrom instead of a program?  You decide.

   W. R. Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
                  gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8629