Re: everybody's talking, but no one hears a word

To: "Chris Eaton" <cheaton@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: everybody's talking, but no one hears a word
From: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 97 13:20:47 -0400
This is an Interesting thread. I am 41 and bought my first MGA (actually
2) a 59 and a 61 with 1 engine, from a B, when I was 14. They were both
in pieces and I never got them running before I had to sell them.
Something about the mess in Dad's garage. The next was a 75 Midget in 78.
A Midget 'cuz the spouse is 4'10" and it was mostly her bucks :-), I
wanted a B.
We still have a Midget, a 78. During those years we have met many people
with LBC's and for the most part it has been the ones that are restoring
their cars by themselves on a limited budget, regardless of age, that
have been the most friendly and willing to help. I have met drivers older
and younger than I and that seems to be the trend.
I have two daughters (21 & 13) both love to ride in the MG (the older one
wanted it for a Grad present but I said NO). During my current rebuild of
the suspension she (21) has been there most every saturday to help. She
fetches parts, tools cleans, and even turns a wrench or two.  She says
that one of these days she will have one for her own (after college). I
find that interest in cars that are sometimes older than their drivers
makes me fell like there is a chance for the future of these cars, and
not too much interest in the new fangled technomobiles that seem to be
the rage today. Just give something fun to drive and I CAN work on and
I'll die happy.

Larry Macy
78 Midget