Re: locks

To: bearlock@erols.com
Subject: Re: locks
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:15:27 EDT
On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 15:20:10 -0400 Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com>
writes:
>Larry Macy wrote:
>
>> I met a guy at Carlisle that can cut a key from the number on the
>lock.
>> Yes you probalbly have to remve the lock anyway to find the number
>it
>> should be FSxxx or something like that.
>

>I've never had mine apart, but from everything I've read, the only
>place
>they put the key number (on the vehicle) was on a sticker on the
>windscreen.   (And the owners manual spicificaly instructed the buyer
>remove it right away.)
>

>Bobby
>77 MGB   (Green with black spots)
>
>--
>                                       Bob De Weese
>                             Certified Professional Locksmith
>                                   bearlock@bigfoot.com

>*  "The secret to effective communication is knowing what to say, *
>*   how to say it, and whom to say it to."                        *

The British Motor Heritage Trust trace certificate has the original key
numbers as part of the information about the car.
 Both certificates of my cars show key numbers, three keys for the "B"
and 2 for the Midget.
 ASSUMING the locks haven't been changed (and in 20+ years it's a real
possibility) this may help.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget