Re: locks

To: randyr@starwave.com
Subject: Re: locks
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 21:23:50 -0500 (CDT)
Randy Rees writes:

> Anybody have a late model w/ glovebox that they know is original?

Yup.

Original keys, too.  Well, two of them.  I never worried about locking
the glove box.  Actually, I never worry about locking anything except
the tru^H^H^Hboot, and then only sometimes.

Maybe it's for that reason that I never realized that the glove box has
its own key, but neither of my keys will persuade it.  The ignition key
is a perfect fit, but only goes in 3/4 of the way, and can't budge the
lock (ooh, what a goldmine of double entendre!).

Personally, I don't see why they even bothered to put locks on the doors
of the Tourers.

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast