Advanced topics

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Advanced topics
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 10:05:24 -0500
I was going to try advancing my timing the other day since I have never
heard the A (I now realize that it is not "mine" but tha I am merely its
steward)  ping.  I tried turning the timing adjuster on the distributor but
it only turned about one or two turns total and seemed to make no
difference in timing.

Anyone out there have any advice?  should the adjuster turn more or is that
all there is?  If there is something wrong, any suggestions or warnings
would be greatly appreciated.  I tried pig phlegm in a can (aka WD40) but a
few days of soaking has not helped.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA who may need some advance but is definaltely _not_ retarded (the
same can not be said for its steward, alas)