Re: Automobile future, was FW: 2022

To: Simon Bosworth <simon@hpi50.dsddhc.com>
Subject: Re: Automobile future, was FW: 2022
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 11:21:56 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Simon Bosworth!!

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Simon Bosworth wrote:

> the road in our cars with re-wound motors and hi-performance power
> controllers :).  LBC content - just imagine a car powered SOLELY by
> Lucas components. Makes the mouth water doesn't it.

My company tried out electric forklifts, and got one for a trial period.

One graveyard shift, things were quiet, and boring for the drivers, so
they arranged a few drag races between the propane powered Hysters, and
Clarks, and the new kid on the block.

The electric forklift blew the doors off the propane jobs, both
acceleration wise, and top end.

No, my company didn't buy the electric machines because the recharge
time was too long, so they'd have to buy either extra battery packs, or
extra machines.

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen   (who thinks propane power is impressive: 5 yr
engine life -24 hrs per day, 5 days per week, plus weekend overtime
shifts app. 30,000 to 32,000 hrs at app 10 mph; or faster)