Re: Automobile future, was FW: 2022

To: pbailey <pbailey@qnet.com>, simon@hpi50.dsddhc.com
Subject: Re: Automobile future, was FW: 2022
From: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 13:35:33 -0500
I watched a show, something like Popular mechanics I think about 6 months ago.

They did a special on a car that was 100% electric, super sporty, super
fast, fancy suyspension and long life on batteries.  It was made to be abused.

This thing could spin the rear wheel and go straight to 60MPH in a snap!

I don't remember the research team who was developing it, but it was
designed to replace or get rid of the old thoughts that people tend to have
about the idea of what an eleectric car would be like.

Ugly, bulking, no power, no performance, takes for ever to recharge, can't
go on a long trip.  It was everything but that.

Quite impressive indeed.

--
Jay Quinn - Systems Engineer
jpquinn@cyberramp.net