Re: Our Cars Being Shipped Off? What?

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Our Cars Being Shipped Off? What?
From: Engelhardt <engel@metro.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 12:00:49 -0700
Jay Quinn wrote:

> I picked up on a thread yesterday, that reminded me of other threads in the
> recent past.  It was something to the effect of our cars are being bought
> and shipped back oversees?
>
> Less and less of them for sale and being seen on the mean streets.

I had a fellow named Jacque follow my MGA home one time to see if I
wanted to sell it (fat chance!). He told me that he buys mostly MGB's
and midgets in any condition. When he gets a sizable supply, he stacks
them two high (uses some kind of wood frame contraption) in a container
and ships them to France or The Netherlands. He does this about 6-8
times a year. I think he was able to get either 6 or 8 cars into the
container. So almost 50 cars a year from my little corner of the
universe alone (Santa Rosa, CA.-not that big a town). The local paper
runs permanent ads asking for MG, Healey, Jags, etc. any condition. It's
not hard too see that our LBCs will be getting rarer (and more
expensive) if this kind of shipping to Europe continues. May not be such
a bad thing for those of us that already own one :-)

Ron
58 MGA (and NOT interested in a European trip)