Re: Our Cars Being Shipped Off? What?

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Our Cars Being Shipped Off? What?
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 18:40:37 -0400
> Comments comments comments...

<Ok I'll try my own> replies, replies, replies...

> >Not Oversees, but to outer space...the space probe that will land on
Mars
> >on July 4th has a Lucas electrical system, it is sure to fail.
>
> :)\

Hey Jay just got word but they reserved a space on the probe for David
Deutsch, they'll drop him off when they get there.  David will be the
negotiator with the martian life...NASA thought it would be better if a
alien talked to an alien.

> In the summer, there does seem to be an invasion.  I was jsut curous
george
> about some Brit car smuggeling operation swiping our cars.
>
> |;-)

What do you say we go under cover, and bust up the Brits?  Curious George
eh?...  I guess I would be George of the Jungle (George George George of
the Jungle watch out for that tree...)

> >The most popular cars (as I see) would be the TR6, TR250 (TR5 in the
UK),
> >MGAs, all Healeys, T series MG, and not to many MGB, Midget, but I have
> >started to see lots of parts go to the UK for MGC cars.  Apparently the
> >Brits will pay anything for the aluminum hood of an MGC...like $700 for
> >great used original (they cost $500 for repro aluminum).
>
> Hard up for em I guess.  You'd think that tehy could repro a bunch of
parts
> and they could build them from ordering for a catalog.

Lets do a little math:  (MGB for Example)

Bodyshell = $5000
Engine = $2200 (rebuilt using all new parts, machine work, etc.)
Trans = $800 (LH Overdrive)
Other = $5-8000 (wiring harness, lights, gas tank, dash, windshield, and
all the junk that isn't listed above.)

Believe me it is much cheaper to restore an LBC than to build it from
scratch.

> Get a car sent to you via teh mail in a 1500 pieces.

Yeah and how much does MOSS charge for shipping 1500 pieces, BTW, an MGB
has alot more than 1500 pieces.

> >MicroBuses are very cool, there are a ton in lower PA; and you only have
> >seen 1?
> >Well of course we have a VW restoration, parts house located about 2
miles
> >away, and he does one hell of a business (there are only 25.6 million
Bugs
> >in the world).
>
> I read ina bug mag about hte rareity and notice I never have sen them.  I
> keep my eyes open and have only found one.  Kinda neat too.  Wouldn't
mind
> having one, but the wife may feel differently.

Hey if I can find a MicroBus for you, are you willing to trade for your
Compaq 5000 server?

KMR

Kai M. Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net @ 1966 MGB -- http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg

Dialogue Internet -- Intelligent Internet Solutions

Free Citizen Ship to the KMR (Kai's Military Republic), Passport included.