Re: Holes behind cockpit

To: RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu
Subject: Re: Holes behind cockpit
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 12:40:38 -0500 (CDT)
RAY WYGONIK writes:

> 74 MGB --  There are two threaded holes on the rear deck (not the interior
>deck
> with the battery access hatch) directly behind the cockpit.(maybe 1" back,
> lined up with the seats)  They are approximately 1/2" in diameter.
> What are they for?

My '74 has these too.  One hole has a plastic plug which I can only
assume is original.  The other has no plug.  I've never seen mention of
this piece in any of the catalogs.  My best guess is that it's a
possible mounting point for seatbelt anchors for non-USA markets.

> I buy mainly from TRF because they are local, I can pick up the parts, talk
> face to face with the people and look around.  They are very good about
>showing
> you the inventory and operation.  I see very little reference to them on this
> list, either good or bad.  Just wondering.

TRF is great.  Every rubber piece that I've purchased from Moss has
dried out and cracked within six months.  Every rubber piece that I've
purchased from TRF has held up well.  I love Charles & Co's attitude;
the only possible criticism I can offer is their excessive (in my
opinion) whining about the supposedly deteriorating market.  TRF is my
"mainstream" vendor of choice (Dick Burger is my favorite discounter,
and Brit-Tek is my fave hi-po stuff [like I can afford any of THAT]).

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer wearing a TRF-sourced top