Can't go over 3500 RPM

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Can't go over 3500 RPM
From: "Steve Dillen"<Steve_Dillen@ismbc.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:16:42 -0700
Adrian Jones asked why his car won't rev above 3500 RPM, and Robert Allen
replied with a number of items to check. . .

My thoughts (probably not much help, but. . .)
You said you changed the distributor cap, and were looking at ordering
another one from Moss -- does the cap you put on align with the distributor
the same way as the one you replaced?  My thought is that if the cap is
different, the rotor may not be pointing at a tower at full advance.  Of
course this doesn't explain why the problem came up to start with. . .

A timing light should show you if you're getting spark at the higher revs,
and will also show you your total advance.

I'd be inclined to continue looking for demons in your ignition system --
leaning towards a coil problem.  I expect the problem is not fuel related.