Re: British Car Appreciation

To: mowogmg@pil.net
Subject: Re: British Car Appreciation
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 1997 17:01:40 EDT
On Sat, 06 Sep 1997 09:01:17 -0400 Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net> writes:
>>      I think that the reason that prices are flat is that there
>>are about the same number of buyers and sellers.  The  other factors
>>be considered fit right in w/ the cry that the younger people are not
>>interested in taking up the hobby.  Nope, as a whole they are not.
>No
>>question about it.  I don't have an answer/solution for that.  Going
>back
>>to the lack of buyers idea, mix in that few young people are getting
>into
>>the sport and you will see why the market is soft.  There are no
>magic
>>elixirs for prices.  The gov't may prop up wheat prices artificially,
>but
>>will probably not do it for LBC's.
>
>That is one big crock of crap!  I have had more emails from young
>enthusiasts to me commenting on my website than I have on older
>enthusiasts.  You would also be quite surprises as to how many girls
>own
>MGs...
>
>Prices are bases on demand yes...so if I buy all the MGs in world,
>guess
>what?  I get to control the prices.  Wouldn't that be great?

No kai you wouldn't control the prices. You only control the supply.
 The price is set when and only when you sell. not before.

Please check with your Economics teacher (assuming you had/have one)
before popping off about something of which you are obviously abysmally
ignorant.

By the way, what has the esthetics of  your web site have to do with
whether or not the demand for LBC has increased or no?
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget