RE: enthusiasts?

To: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@utk.edu>, "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@utk.edu>,
Subject: RE: enthusiasts?
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 97 19:36:39 UT
The problem with this type of post is that you are taking being snubbed at
shows too personally.  Believe me when I say it has nothing to do with you and
everything to do with the other person.  What both of you wrote below about
people's behavior towards you at car shows is something we have all
experienced and still experience.  For example, there are some folks who, when
I walk up to their car with my three year old in hand, ignore me because they
appear to be afraid I'll hang around and let my kid go to town on their car
with that ice pick she's packing.  Others, quite appropriately, are not
bothered by my 3 year old (as long as she keeps the ice pick in its sheath).

The point is that it has little to do with your age except in the way you let
these things affect you.  When you are older you learn to ignore the assholes
and focus on the good people.  Just remember that the snobs, unsociables and
other assorted cretins are too focused on themselves and their petty agendas
to be of much interest anyway - so why bother?

Dr. Doug

My garage - social club for 1969 MGs only - others need not apply