RE: Enthusiasts?

To: MGMagnette@aol.com
Subject: RE: Enthusiasts?
From: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 19:05:14 -0400
>I found the post to be correct in most orders, with the exception that
>British car ownership is being taken over by the "Goatee and Earring set".
> HUH?  I still find that I am the only guy under 30 seen in an old British
>car.  I've seen more Black MG owners than MG owners under 30.

I sorta agree.  I really don't think British Car ownership is taken over by
that kind of people...I have always thought of MG owners as the kind to
wear Khakis and BRG Polo shirts (well that is my typical outfit when I go
to a show).  I find that the owners who where tweed caps and driving
mittens to a show are usually the people with concourse T series cars, and
the occasional MGA.

>    But the part about being ignored by other British Car enthusiasts... or
>older British car enthusiasts...  I owe that, really, for the most part to
>the shirt you are wearing.  I have done this as an experiment:  I wore a
>plain t-shirt, and was ignored.  I wore a "MGB" shirt, and was treated like I
>was a new guy who needed to be told what "MG" stands for.  When I wear my
>"Unipart" shirt or my "1989 Original British Car Show" shirt I have been
>treated like I was one of the gang...   The best I can assume is that you
>just aren't dressing the part.

You should see the reaction when I have to go to a show with my
parents...oh boy!

>     John... 19 years old with:
>72 MGB Tourer (REALLY NICE)
>73 MGB-GT (Former Daily Driver, but now for sale, $5,000, nice)

Now for $50,000.

>59 MG Farina Magnette (How many have you seen?)
>87 Jaguar XJ-S (My new daily driver)

Kai... 15 years old, and doesn't know when to shut-up and do his Homework.

Kai Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net, 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
Dialogue Internet - Intelligent Internet Solutions (Net Khan)

IRC: irc.voicenet.com, #inet-access (my nick: ActiveX or KMR)