Re: True or False

To: kaliphi@tabletoptelephone.com (Debra A Morrow)
Subject: Re: True or False
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 00:20:31 -0400
Debbie,

You've got the Haynes manual, and this list.  Start teaching yourself to
be your own MG mechanic.  Look at it this way:  You couldn't do any
worse than the mechanics you have in town!

That's what I did.  Oh, there's still plenty I DON'T know, but, after
four years of learning, I don't feel as if I need an "MG mechanic"
anymore (at least, not too often).  It's really not all that hard and
it's fun, too.  AND what a great sense of accomplishment when you've
spent two days trying to figure out what's wrong, and finally fixing it
YOURSELF!  (Sure, mechanics work faster, but I work cheaper)  When it
finally starts and runs right, you say "Damn, I'm good!" and walk (or
drive) around with a smile on your face all day!  It's a joy every
British Car owner should experience.

You'll still need your local mechanic while you're learning, but you
will need him less and less as time goes by.  Start reading your manual
and asking questions of the list, and you're on your way.

-NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort