Re: True or False

To: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Subject: Re: True or False
From: jello@dns.ida.net (Phil Bates)
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 10:47:03 -0600
>Sorry, but the nearest "real" MG mechanic is 120 miles away and so are
>parts.
>
>Hey Debora,
>
>You've got the Haynes book in the trunk, and parts are as close as your
>phone and next day air if need be.  A few tools, a little help from this
>list, and a little hand cleaner, and you may never need  the mechanic
>again.  Simple cars -- simple fixes.
>
>Barney Gaylord
>1958 MGA with an attitude

Barney - Have you looked at a 79B manual lately???   Simple cars, yes up to
1967.  Some may say even up to '69 or to '74.  But emission strangulation is
a huge ugly thing on a 79B.  I'd suggest that your A, and my A and B are all
easy to work on, but Debora has a much bigger headache.  Look in a parts
book - emissions on a B up to '67 was a PCV valve, and hoses - (moss items
2-9).  A '79 is a much different story (moss items 12-70 or so).

Phil Bates
58 MGA
67 MGB
75 Jaguar XJ12C