Re: True or False

To: Frank Sperling <sperling@wenet.net>
Subject: Re: True or False
From: Debra A Morrow <kaliphi@tabletoptelephone.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 20:16:14 -0700

Frank Sperling wrote:

> Uh, Debbie...if your mechanic disconnects the engine and tells you just to
> run it down hill, will you get a little suspicious?

Thanks for the cute remark...very helpful...but I'm a "bottle blond" therefore
I only look stupid.

> While your new mechanic can probably get the car running, I wouldn't be
> inclined to continue to use him.  What you need is a "real" MG mechanic who
> is familiar with B's.  Why don't you do some more looking and I'm sure you
> can find one who can really help.

Sorry, but the nearest "real" MG mechanic is 120 miles away and so are parts.
Where I live there are 4 mechanics in town and 2 of them said "I see you've got
the Haynes book in the trunk, if I can't figure it out I'll look in there."
The third one doesn't speck english and the fouth is eccentric with his own
time schedule and a bad "rug".  Of my choices I'll take the eccentric at least
he works on foreign cars.  This car is my daily driver and I put 300-500 miles
on it a week.  Every trip I make out of town is 100 miles across HOT desert.  I
need someone local who can keep the car in shape to make it to the "real"
mechanic.  Heaven forbid I need to take it to the MG mechanic.  I can't get a
taxi home.

Debbie
79B
" you can't fall off the floor"