Re: Cleaning a MGB Oil cooler

To: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Subject: Re: Cleaning a MGB Oil cooler
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 13:52:16 -0500
Mike Lishego wrote:

> Hello to all,
>         Does anyone know what the protocol is for cleaning a stock MGB oil
>cooler?  I
> have read that they can gum up, and I think it's probably about time to
>remove mine
> and overhaul it.  Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

I've been considering that myself. What I am planning on doing is using
Kerosene. What I
haven't figured out is how is the best way to run it through the cooler and how
much
kerosene would be good enough. In these 'green' times, a big problem is getting
rid of
the contaminated kerosene.

--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"The qualities of team players are most highly regarded by incompetent coaches."