Re: Cleaning a MGB Oil cooler

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Subject: Re: Cleaning a MGB Oil cooler
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@mailexcite.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 08:46:57 -0700
Mike,

I posed this question to the list a while ago.
Several people suggested that the protocol is
to toss the old cooler and buy a new one.

The rationale being that once you stir up the crud,
no matter how much solvent you flush through it, you
will never remove all of it (the crud, not the
solvent).  Ask Ted Schumacher at TSI what his thoughts
are about re-using coolers.  He convinced me.

Your situation may be a bit different than mine:

1.) I didnt know the previous engine history-
like had it ever suffered a bearing or metal
failure, etc.

2.) I saw some nasty, unidentifiable slimey substance
drain (more like ooze) out of my cooler.

3.) I invested mucho dinero on my rebuild and didnt
want to chance it.

4.) Moss had them on sale ;-)

If you decide to clean it, let us know you you did it.
If I can find mine, I'd be happy to send it too you
as a guinea pig...

--Scott

Scott Hower -> howersl@mailexcite.com

73 MGB