Re: Cleaning a MGB Oil cooler

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning a MGB Oil cooler
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 07:58:00 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Netters,

FWIW, I did the following- I drained the old oil in the cooler by
inverting over my oil collection basin (the plastic recycling thingie). I
then filled the cooler with Diese  fuel and let it sit for a day. I then
emptied it out into the recycling thingie- it is oil is it not? and
repeated the process after shaking a small amount in the cooler until it
ran clear.

I then inverted the cooler over the recycler for a day, stuck it out in
the sun for a day and replaced it. So far no problems for me.

On Wed, 8 Oct
1997, Robert Allen wrote:

=%OMike Lishego wrote:
=%O
=%O> Hello to all,
=%O>         Does anyone know what the protocol is for cleaning a stock MGB oil
cooler?  I
=%O> have read that they can gum up, and I think it's probably about time to
remove mine
=%O> and overhaul it.  Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.
=%O
=%OI've been considering that myself. What I am planning on doing is using
Kerosene. What I
=%Ohaven't figured out is how is the best way to run it through the cooler and
how much
=%Okerosene would be good enough. In these 'green' times, a big problem is
getting rid of
=%Othe contaminated kerosene.
=%O
=%O--
=%OBob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
=%O"The qualities of team players are most highly regarded by incompetent
coaches."
=%O
=%O

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II