Re: Cleaning a MGB Oil cooler

To: boballen@sky.net
Subject: Re: Cleaning a MGB Oil cooler
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 19:17:19 EDT
  Why not simply put a funnel on the cooler and pour kero through the
cooler, collecting the kero in  a pan as it flows out?  Since kero will
dissolve a lot of solids before it loses its ability to do so, keep
pouring it thorough until it gets really ugly. Then a rinse through with
clean kero and the job should be done.   Take the dirty kero, pour it
into a large can and let  the crud settle out for a couple of days. Then
pour off the clean kero and re-use, just like paint thinner. The crud?
Well, what is asphalt, anyway?
Bob