Re: Possibly have found car

To: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Subject: Re: Possibly have found car
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 14:20:38 -0700
Benjamin Ruset wrote:

> Soliciting opinions on this:
>
> I may have found my B! All the excitement from the car show in Doylestown
> has sent me into overdrive, and I scoured the papers like a mad man last
> night looking for a car - and I may have found one!
>
> 1977 MGB
> 91k miles
> 4 speed, no overdrive (I think)
> Red & White two tone paint (looks like an old corvette) - paint was a "done
> in a hurry" job, but done reasonably well - they sprayed under the bonnet
> and boot, no old color showing through anywhere
>
> So far, this is what it needs:
>
> The electric fan in the front doesn't work
> Needs brakes - soon
> New top (back window plastic fogged up)
>
> To get this car to show quality:
>
> New interior
> Better paint job (I do like the two tone look though!)
> Pull & paint engine
>
> There isn't any rust on this car, but there are holes drilled in the boot
> lid for the luggage rack, which is gone. Anybody have a spare??
>
> The car looks and runs nice, and the owner will take $1400 for it!
>
> Comments??
> BEN RUSET - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
> "Up the airy mountain,
>  Down the rushy glen,
>  We daren't go a-hunting
>  For fear of little men."
>                 --William Allingham
OH OH --  Ben is on the Loose --- I offer to
take this young college student to the Doylestown show.  We ride down in
my flashy yellow A - he goes crazy looking at all the pretty MGs -
Wins himself an MG Tee Shirt - goes home and now finds him self an MG of
his own all within 24 hours!!!! What did I create here!!

:)

Rick