Re: Purchase of new MGA

To: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Subject: Re: Purchase of new MGA
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 13:23:51 -0800
Gregory Kirk wrote:

> Geesh Bill, aren't you laying it on a little thick? the "high water mark
> of MG design"?, "zenith of our marque's history"? "enlighten the poor
> souls on the true path?"
>
> Besides the funier,smarter, more handsome  members of this list are
> driving Midgets.

If I may suggest, without being branded as a marque-racist, that the MGB was
easily
the most lovely of the MG family.  In it's earliest forms, the MGB had power,
performance, and roll-up windows.  After '74 might cause some debate among
purists,
but if you need more proof of the MGB's superiority, simply look at the sales
records!

If I'm a marque-racist, couldn't I just be called a "marquesist"?

Of course, I entered this humble argument in jest, since each car has it's own
delightful characteristics that enable each of them to be argued as the best
MG.
--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College