Re: Purchase of new MGA -Reply plus misc hooey

To: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Purchase of new MGA -Reply plus misc hooey
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 16:59:12 -0500
At 08:41 PM 11/27/97 -0700, Keith Wheeler wrote:

>Bill Eastman responds to the 'A bashing:

>>How do power and roll up windows make a car look better?
>
>Well, one of my 'Bs has no windows at all.  And I'll admit,
>the 'A has some nice flowing lines...but, how does that
>make it a better *sports* car?   ;)
>
>Care to compare some autocross times?
>
>-Keith Wheeler
>
>Team Sanctuary
>
>ps:  I've actually considered looking for an 'A in need of
>restoration to be the recipient of my hot 'B engine once
>the Rover V-8 goes in.

This discussion really involves what is a sport car. It can not be defined.
In 1936 the T type without overhead cams was declared to be the death of
the MG sport car. The 1950 TD had of all things,  bumpers!

As I look at new "sport cars" with climate control, auto trans, etc, I
wonder where it will all lead. The 98 Porsche  911 has cup holders, I am
told. Of course all the modern sports cars will run rings around any of our
lbcs. Oh well, For me, I know what a sports car is.

Mike