Re: Purchase of new MGA -Reply plus misc hooey

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu
Subject: Re: Purchase of new MGA -Reply plus misc hooey
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 13:02:28 -0600

>>> Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu> 11/26/97 03:23pm >>>
 wrote:
snippity snip snip  <<<the MGB was easily the most lovely of the MG family.
 In it's earliest forms, the MGB had power, performance, and roll-up
windows.  After '74 might cause some debate among purists,
but if you need more proof of the MGB's superiority, simply look at the
sales
records!  >>> <more snip-er-oony>

Here we have more proof of the MGB conspiracy to remove the MGA from its
rightful place at the apex of MG history.  How do power and roll up windows
make a car look better?  The roll up windows may look better up  but how
often do we do that?  This is just another example of the MGB hoard using
misinformation and inuendo to discredit the less abundant MGA aficionado
;-)  (I figure I had better start adding emoticons lest someone take me too
seriously)  Rise, fellow MGA'ers and resist this oppression!  Yeah though I
walk through the shadow...

The other evening my 12 year old daughter and I were out on what turned out
to be the last drive in the A before the salt flew.  At a stoplight we
spotted a Z-3 jockey in the oncoming lane.  He was staring at us slack
jawed obviously overcome by the beauty of the MGA and the fact that we were
out in 35 F weather with the side screens out (and no heater but he could
not see that, obviously).  As we passed him my daughter made an "L" with
her thumb and forefinger.  For those of you out of touch with the present
teenager,  that is the universal hand sign for "loser."  I was very proud
of my daughter that evening for this and also for only complaining once
about being cold.

On a completely non-LBC and personal note, if anyone has wondered what a
person as warped as myself would do for a living, check out the latest copy
of People "Magazine."  There is an article about a child who is fighting
cancer and she is wearing what looks like a medieval torture device known
as a halo brace.  The brace shown is one of my designs from about 10 years
ago.  It is quite high tech really with the structure being made from
carbon reinforced epoxy and titanium.  Anyway, no big deal to most and I
feel self conscience even mentioning it but it is probably as close as I
will ever get to having any of my work published outside of geek medical
journals.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA who will not bow to tyranny